Esther Anne Shipston
b. 11 August 1906, d. 5 November 1992
- Father: Clark Shipston b. 1 February 1881, d. 8 November 1961
- Mother: Esther Anne Donaby b. June 1878, d. 5 December 1969
- Esther Anne Shipston was born on 11 August 1906 in New York.
- Clark Shipston and Esther Anne Donaby appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2121 Whirlpool Street. Other members of the household included Esther Anne Shipston, Edith E. Shipston and Ruth H. Shipston.
- Clark Shipston and Esther Anne Donaby appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1170 Main Street. Other members of the household included Esther Anne Shipston, Ruth H. Shipston, Thomas D. Shipston, Richard Clark Shipston, George William Shipston, Edith E. Shipston and William F. Whaley.
- She was employed as a bookkeeper by a gasoline station, according to the 1930 census.
- The following appeared on 6 December 1969 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Esther Anne Shipston, 92, of Lake Road, Youngstown, died Friday night (Dec. 5, 1969) in Memorial Hospital after a lengthy illness
She was born in Albany and came to this city in 1887 and married her husband, the late Clark Shipston in 1901. He died in 1961.
He was for former owner of the Tiger Supply Co., which is now operated by his son.
She was a member of the Epiphany Episcopal Church.
She is survived by three daughters, Mrs. Edith Whaley, Miss Esther Ann Shipston, both of Youngstown; and Mrs. Ruth Hulst, of Columbus, Ohio; two sons, Thomas D. Shipston of Snyder, and George William Shipston of this city; and six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held in the Cornell and Daggett Chapel Monday at 11 a.m., the Rev. John E. Wickenden officiating. Interment will be in Riverdale Cemetery.
- At the time of her death Esther Anne Shipston was living in Porter, Niagara County, New York, at Lake Road.
- Esther Anne Shipston died on 5 November 1992 at age 86 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at St. Mary's Manor Nursing Home.
- She was interred at Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 6 November 1992 in The Buffalo News: Esther A. Shipston, 86, formerly of Lake Road, Town of Porter, died Thursday (Nov. 5, 1992) in St. Mary's Manor Nursing Home, Niagara Falls. /P/
A native of Niagara Falls, Miss Shipston was a graduate of Syracuse University. She was an office manager for the former Clark Shipston Enterprises, which operated a coal company, gasoline service station, the former Tiger Builders Supply and an 87-acre farm. /P/ Survivors include two brothers, George W. of Youngstown and Thomas of Snyder. /P/ Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in Otto Redanz LaSalle Park Chapel, 2215 Military Road, Town of Niagara. Burial will be in Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston.
- Last Edited: 24 Nov 2012