Hazel Carolyn Becker
b. 2 August 1907, d. 17 August 1999
- Father: Peter Becker b. July 1866, d. 1952
- Mother: Elizabeth D. Muehlig b. March 1869, d. 19 March 1944
- Hazel Carolyn Becker was born on 2 August 1907 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- Peter Becker and Elizabeth D. Muehlig appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 22 Portage Street. Other members of the household included Hazel Carolyn Becker, Arthur A. Becker and Edna E. Becker.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1939 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Peter Becker, of Burke drive, Buffalo, N. Y., announce the engagement of their daughter Hazel Carolyn, to Mr. Edwin Woolcock, of this city. The marriage is to take place in November.
- The following appeared on 21 November 1939 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. H. Paul Jenss entertained at her home on McKoon avenue at a cocktail party from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday in honor of Miss Hazel Becker of Snyder, N. Y., whose marriage to Mr. Edwin Woolcock, of this city, will take place Thursday, November 23. The assistants were Mrs. J. Gordon Jenss and Miss Lucie Daley. The table was beautifully decorated with crystal centerpiece filled with baby mums flanked by white tapers.
- She married Edwin Kammerer Woolcock, son of Charles Jay Woolcock and Ada Anna Kammerer, on 23 November 1939.
- The following appeared on 5 December 1939 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Woolcock have returned from their wedding trip to New York City and are residing at the Jefferson apartments.
- The following appeared on 20 March 1944 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Elisabeth D. Muehlig Becker, March 19, 1944, beloved wife of Peter; mother of Dr. Arthur Becker, Mrs. Allen L. Davis, and Mrs. Edwin Woolcock. Funeral service from Carlton A. Ulbrich Funeral Home, 2272 Bailey Ave., Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Friends invited.
- Hazel Carolyn Becker became a widow at the 2 March 1999 death of her husband Edwin Kammerer Woolcock.
- Hazel Carolyn Becker died on 17 August 1999 at age 92 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Hazel C. Woolcock, 92, of Buffalo Avenue, died Tuesday (Aug. 17, 1999), in Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center. She was born Aug. 2, 1907, in Buffalo, the daughter of Peter and Elizabeth Becker. Mrs. Woolcock was an active volunteer with the American Red Cross and the Gray Ladies for many years. She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church, the LaSalle Yacht Club and the Niagara Falls Country Club, where she once shot two holes-in-one in one week. Her husband, Edwin Woolcock, died in March. She is survived by two nephews, John M. O'Brien of Pittsford and Charles O'Brien of Burmingham, Ala; a niece, Jane Chervinsky of Grand Island, and several grand-nieces and grand-nephews. There will be no prior visitation. The Rev. Dwight Wascom will conduct services at 11 a.m. Friday at the Rhoney Funeral Home, 1124 Ontario Ave. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to the Salvation Army, 7018 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, N.Y. 14303.
- Last Edited: 8 Nov 2014
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs, Descendants of WEILER Balthasar & Anna Walter