Edwin Kammerer Woolcock
b. 11 September 1911, d. 2 March 1999
- Father: Charles Jay Woolcock b. 29 July 1875, d. 6 December 1934
- Mother: Ada Anna Kammerer b. 10 September 1877, d. 10 March 1929
- Edwin Kammerer Woolcock was born on 11 September 1911 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- He was baptized/christened on 7 January 1912 at Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, Sponsors were the parents.
- Charles Jay Woolcock and Ada Anna Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2219 Gaskin Court. Other members of the household included Edwin Kammerer Woolcock, Marion Elizabeth Woolcock and William Charles Woolcock.
- A snapshot was taken of the Hartwig and Woolcock families, likely out picking berries, in the fall of 1920.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- Charles Jay Woolcock appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2219 Fifteenth Street with housekeeper Eva Bell and her son Jack living in the household.. Other members of the household included Edwin Kammerer Woolcock.
- The following appeared on 6 December 1934 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Stricken by a heart attack while walking in Main street at Cleveland avenue at 2:15 o'clock this afternoon, Charles J. Woolcock, proprietor of a plumbing and heating establishment at 2217 Fifteenth street, fell to the sidewalk and was dead before medical aid could reach him. Coroner W. L. Draper said death was due to heart disease and ordered the body sent to the Cornell and Dattett funeral chapel in Main street.
Mr. Woolcock had left his place of business only a short time before his death. His son, Edwin Woolcock, said that he had not complained of being ill and had appeared in good health when he talked with him just before starting for downtown.
Widely known throughout the city, particularly in business circles, Mr. Woolcock had conducted the plumbing and heating business for more than 25 years. He was 59 years old and a native of Peekskill, N. Y. He came to this city more than 30 years ago. He was a member of the Niagara River Lodge of Masons and for many years had been a member of the old Ongiara club. He was chairman of the city plumbing board.
Surviving Mr. Woolcock are his son, Edwin, and a daughter, Miss Marion E. Woolcock. His wife died several years ago.
The funeral will be held from the family home at 2 p. m. Sunday with services at the Zion Lutheran church at 2:30 p. m.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1939 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Peter Becker, of Burke drive, Buffalo, N. Y., announce the engagement of their daughter Hazel Carolyn, to Mr. Edwin Woolcock, of this city. The marriage is to take place in November.
- The following appeared on 21 November 1939 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. H. Paul Jenss entertained at her home on McKoon avenue at a cocktail party from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday in honor of Miss Hazel Becker of Snyder, N. Y., whose marriage to Mr. Edwin Woolcock, of this city, will take place Thursday, November 23. The assistants were Mrs. J. Gordon Jenss and Miss Lucie Daley. The table was beautifully decorated with crystal centerpiece filled with baby mums flanked by white tapers.
- He married Hazel Carolyn Becker, daughter of Peter Becker and Elizabeth D. Muehlig, on 23 November 1939.
- The following appeared on 5 December 1939 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Woolcock have returned from their wedding trip to New York City and are residing at the Jefferson apartments.
- The following appeared on 29 September 1951 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Edwin Woolcock, proprietor of the Woolcock Plumbing and Heating company, 2217 Fifteenth street, yesterday reported to police that a lavatory, valued at $50, and a toilet valued at $75, were stolen from a grocery store at 2645 Main street.
Police investigation has indicated that the thieves entered the premises by forcing a rear door.
- Edwin Kammerer Woolcock died on 2 March 1999 at age 87 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center.
- Hazel Carolyn Becker became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Edwin Woolcock, 87 of Buffalo Avenue, died Tuesday (March 2, 1999) in Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center after a brief illness. He was born Sept. 11, 1911, in Niagara Falls, the son of Charles and Adele (Kammerer) Woolcock. He was a lifelong resident of the Falls. Mr. Woolcock owned Woolcock Plumbing and Heating Contractors for several years, prior to his retirement in the early 1960s. He was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church, a 62-year member of the Niagara River Lodge 785 Free & Accepted Masons and the Knights Templar, and was a Royal Arch Mason. He also was a member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers. He is survived by his wife, Hazel Woolcock; two nephews; a niece; and several grand-nieces and grand-nephews. There will be no prior visitation. The Rev. Dwight Wascom will conduct services at 11 a.m. Friday at the Rhoney Funeral Home, 1124 Ontario Ave. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to the Salvation Army, 7018 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls N.Y. 14304.
- Last Edited: 8 Nov 2014
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs, Descendants of WEILER Balthasar & Anna Walter