Harold Victor Ernst
b. 11 July 1897, d. 28 September 1958
- Father: Samuel Rank Ernst b. 1 April 1867, d. 1943
- Mother: Fredericka Dorothea Augusta Vorwerk b. 6 March 1871, d. 27 September 1949
- Harold Victor Ernst was born on 11 July 1897 in Ontario, Canada.
- Samuel Rank Ernst and Fredericka Dorothea Augusta Vorwerk appeared in the 31 March 1901 census of Canada in Berlin, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included Harold Victor Ernst, Vorwerk Ernst.
- A photograph of the Ernst family's 19 Roy Street residence was made about 1908. On the porch, Freda Ernst, Edwin Cadwell and his wife Eliza, Freda's sister. Also present, left to right, are Freda's sons Harold, Earl, and Vorwerk with his bicycle.
- Samuel Rank Ernst and Fredericka Dorothea Augusta Vorwerk appeared in the 1 June 1911 census of Canada in Berlin, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, at 19 Roy Street. Other members of the household included Harold Victor Ernst, Vorwerk Ernst and Earl Eugene Ernst.
- Left to right, appearing in the photograph taken on the occasion of the August 1916 wedding of Vorwerk Ernst and Midge Oelschlager, are Vor's mother Freda Ernst, his brother Harold, Berlin Mayor W. H. Schmalz, Midge's aunt Emily Duck McFarlane, groom Vorwerk Ernst, Midge's aunt (and wife of the mayor) Eleanora "Lolly" Oelschlager Schmalz, bride Catharine "Midge" Oelschlager Ernst, Midge's mother Lily Duck Oelschlager, Vor's father Sam Ernst, his brother Earl, and in front, his young cousins Martha and Bernice McFarlane.
- He married Marie Law in 1927 in Hespeler, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada.
- A family photograph was made at Sam and Freda Ernst's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Pictured are Harold, Sam, Vorwerk, Freda and Earl Ernst.
- At the time of his death Harold Victor Ernst was living in Waterloo, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, at 89 Margaret Avenue North.
- Harold Victor Ernst died on 28 September 1958 at age 61 in Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, at Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital.
- He was interred at Protestant Mausoleum, Woodland Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada.
- The following appeared on 29 September 1958 in The Record: Harold V. Ernst. A former partner of the Ernst Men's Clothing Store, Harold Victor Ernst, 61, of 89 Margaret Ave. North, Waterloo, died Sunday at K-W Hospital. /P/ Born July 11, 1897, a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Samuel R. Ernst, he was a native and lifeling residence of the Twin Cities. /P/ He was a member of Trinity United Church. /P/ Survivors include his wife,l the former Marie Law, whom he married in 1927 at Hespeler and one brother, Vorwerk, of Waterloo. One brother, Earl, died in 1945. /P/ The body is at the Ratz-Bechtel Funeral Home where funeral will be conducted Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. Rev. O. P. Hossie, minister of Trinity United Church, will officiate. Interment will be in Woodland Mausoleum.
- Last Edited: 5 Apr 2016