b. 7 November 1910, d. February 1975
- Father: Ludwig Friedrich Laurier b. 12 February 1875, d. 16 May 1939
- Mother: Georgette Ganin b. circa 1871
- Madeleine Laurier was born on 7 November 1910 in New York, New York.
- Ludwig Friedrich Laurier and Georgette Ganin appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in New York, New York, at 242 50th Street. Other members of the household included Madeleine Laurier.
- Ludwig Friedrich Laurier and Georgette Ganin arrived in the Port of New York on 17 September 1926, accompanied by Madeleine Laurier aboard the SS Rochambeau, having sailed from Le Havre on 8 September. At the time, they were residing at 242 East 50th Street, New York City.
- Ludwig Friedrich Laurier and Georgette Ganin appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Manhattan, New York, at 238 East 50th Street. Other members of the household included Madeleine Laurier.
- She married Daniel Joseph Atwell, son of John L. Atwell and Irene M. Ryan, on 3 April 1937 in Kings County, New York.
- The following appeared on 19 May 1939 in The New York Times: [Died] Ludwig Lauier, beloved husband of Georgette (nee Ganin), and devoted father of Madeline Atwell, brother of Eugene and grandfather of Michael Atwell, on May 16, 1939. Funeral services at Schaeffer's Funeral Home, 405 East 87th St., on Friday at 2 P. M. Interment Westwood Cemetery, Westwood, N. J.
- Daniel Joseph Atwell and Madeleine Laurier appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Shrewsbury, Worster County, Massachusetts, at 207 Maple Avenue. Other members of the household included Nancy Laurier Atwell and Georgette Ganin.
- Daniel Joseph Atwell and Madeleine Laurier arrived in the Port of New York on 26 February 1951, accompanied by Nancy Laurier Atwell aboard the SS Veendam, concluding a Havana-Nassau cruise. Their residence was recorded as 27 South Van Dien Avenue, Ridgewood, New Jersey.
- She applied for a Social Security account number on 6 November 1952 while living at Ridgewood, Bergen County, New Jersey, and employed there at Valley Hospital.
- The following appeared on 16 June 1960 in The Suffolk County News: Miss Nancy Laurier Atwell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Atwell of Ridgewood, N.J., and Mr. Stefan Stilwell Semple, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Semple of New York and Coates Avenue, Holbrook, were married on Saturday in the Packer Chapel at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa. The Rev. R. E. Fuessle officiated at the ceermony and the university organist, R. B. Cutler provided accompaniment.
A reception followed in the Candlelight Room of the Hotel Bethlehem.
Mrs. Semple attended the House in the Pines School, Norton, Mass., and the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia. Mr. Semple is a graduate of Charles Evans Hughes High School, New York, Pennington Preparatory School and Lehigh University. He is continuing his studies at the graduate school of New York University and is with Dancer-Fitzgerald-Sample, Inc., an advertising agency.
After a trip to the Pocono Mts. and Jamaica, B.W.I., the couple will live in New York.
- The SSDI lists Westwood, Bergen County, New Jersey, as the last residence of record of Madeleine Laurier.
- Madeleine Laurier died in February 1975 at age 64.
- Daniel Joseph Atwell became a widower at her death.
- Last Edited: 11 Apr 2014