b. 18 July 1833, d. 5 April 1910
- Luisa Hofstetter was born on 18 July 1833 in Dielheim b. Weisloch.
- She was known as Louise in the United States.
- She married Franz Peter Laurier, son of Johann Dietrich Laurier and Maria Anna Theresia Neb, on 5 September 1857 in Speyer, Rheinpfalz.
- Franz Peter Laurier and Luisa Hofstetter, accompanied by Franz Eugen Laurier, Maria Luise Laurier and Ludwig Friedrich Laurier, departed in June 1888 from the Port of Bremen, Bremen, aboard the Norddeutscher Lloyd SS Aller.
- Franz Peter Laurier and Luisa Hofstetter arrived in the Port of New York on 7 July 1888, accompanied by Maria Luise Laurier, Ludwig Friedrich Laurier and Franz Eugen Laurier with mother and daughter Luise traveling 2nd cabin, and the others in steerage.
- Luisa Hofstetter became a widow at the 31 October 1891 death of her husband Franz Peter Laurier.
- Luise and son Ludwig Laurier returned from Germany in 1902, departing Hamburg on 11 October aboard the Hamburg Amerika Linie dampfschiff Moltke.
- Edward Ludwig August Schwabe and Maria Anna Theresia Laurier appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 364 Elm Street. Other members of the household included Luisa Hofstetter, Anna Schwabe, Frank A. Schwabe, Edward Ludwig Schwabe and Louise A. Schwabe.
- Luisa Hofstetter died on 5 April 1910 at age 76 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 417 Swan Street at her residence. Her son-in-law Edward L. A. Schwabe, MD, signed the death certificate as attending physician.
- She was interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- The following appeared on 5 April 1910 in the Buffalo Evening News: [Died] April 5, 1910, Louise Laurier (nee Hostetter), widow of Franz Laurier; mother of Fritz Laurier of Newport, Ky; Mrs. Edward L. A. Schwabe, Mrs. E. T. Becker of Holder, Fla; Eugene Laurier, Niagara Falls, N. Y; Mrs. Theodore Mulz, Brooklyn, N. Y; Ludwig Laurier, New York city; aged 76 years. Funeral from the residence of her son-in-law, Dr. Edward L. A. Schwabe, 417 Swan street, Thursday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock. Burial at the convenience of the family.
- Was John Hofstetter a brother of Luisa Hofstetter Laurier?
- Photographs of present-day Speyer.
- Last Edited: 8 Dec 2014
Family: Franz Peter Laurier b. 8 July 1828, d. 31 October 1891
- Friedrich Wilhelm Laurier+ b. 25 June 1858, d. 21 January 1936
- Maria Anna Theresia Laurier+ b. 18 March 1860, d. 22 January 1918
- Christina Theresia Laurier b. 9 October 1861
- Franz Eugen Laurier+ b. 5 April 1863, d. 4 July 1943
- Heinrich Laurier b. 14 March 1865
- Luise Marie Laurier b. 10 November 1866
- Franz Albrecht Laurier b. 22 August 1868
- Maria Luise Laurier+ b. 24 September 1869, d. 17 July 1931
- Ludwig Friedrich Laurier+ b. 12 February 1875, d. 16 May 1939