Margaret Louise Boehner
b. 15 February 1898, d. 9 February 1984
- Father: Ludwig M. Boehner b. 13 October 1867, d. 24 December 1943
- Mother: Elizabeth Rosli Borth b. 18 September 1869, d. 6 August 1967
- Margaret Louise Boehner was born on 15 February 1898 in New York.
- Ludwig M. Boehner and Elizabeth Rosli Borth appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 235 Peach Street. Other members of the household included Margaret Louise Boehner.
- A four-generation photographic portrait was made about 1902 of Elizabeth Kammerer, her daughter Maggie Borth, granddaughter Rose Boehner, and great granddaughter Margaret Boehner.
- Ludwig M. Boehner appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 1995 Bailey Avenue. Other members of the household included Margaret Louise Boehner, Elizabeth Rosli Borth and Madlyn Elizabeth Boehner.
- Ludwig M. Boehner and Elizabeth Rosli Borth appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Buffalo, New York, at 1995 Bailey Avenue. Other members of the household included Margaret Louise Boehner, Madlyn Elizabeth Boehner.
- She was employed as a stenographer by a storage battery company, according to the 1920 census.
- The following appeared on 25 April 1922 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: A pretty wedding was solemnized at Zion Lutheran church on Wednesday evening, at 6:30 o'clock, when Miss Louise E. Ford, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Ford of Willow avenue became the bride of Mr. Sylvester Hannigan. Rev. Herman Brezing performed the ceremony. Mr. Carl Kammerer gave a short organ recital, after which Mr. D. MacDuff sang "O, Promise Me." The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was gowned in navy blue canton crepe, beaded and embroidered, with hat to match. She carried a shower bouquet of bride roses. The bridesmaid, Miss Margaret Boehner, cousin of the bride, was gowned in pumpkin georgette, embroidered in black over black satin, with picture hat to match, and carried a bouquet of Ophelia roses. Mr. Frederick Hannigan, brother of the groom, was best man. Mr. Leonard Hayden and Mr. Francis Ford acted as ushers.
The church was decorated with palms and basket bouquets. A reception and wedding supper for 40 gueses followed at the bride's home. The house was decorated with cut flowers, the color scheme being pink and white. The bride's table, at which covers were laid for 14, was centered with a large wedding cake. The out-of-town guests were Mrs. George Ford of Ransomville, Mr. and Mrs. Duff and daughter of Wyoming, N. Y., and Mr. and Mrs. George Barnett, Mrs. F. Borth, Mrs. Hattie Irish and Miss Margaret Boehner of Buffalo. After a short wedding trip Mr. and Mrs. Hannigan will be at home at 2221 Whitney avenue, in this city.
- The following appeared on 27 November 1925 in the Buffalo Evening News: (Marriage Licenses) William A. Leggett, 220 Laird -- Margaret L. Boehner, 147 Sprenger.
- She married William Alexander Leggett, son of Colin M. Leggett and Lillie Dale, on 27 November 1925.
- Margaret Louise Boehner and William Alexander Leggett appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York, at 348 Tremaine Avenue. Other members of the household included Lillie Dale.
- William Alexander Leggett and Margaret Louise Boehner appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Kenmore, New York, at 348 Tremaine Avenue. Other members of the household included Lillie Dale.
- Margaret Louise Boehner became a widow at the 9 July 1957 death of her husband William Alexander Leggett.
- The following appeared on 11 July 1957 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: William A. Leggett, 66, of 348 Tremaine Ave., Kenmore, treasurer and past president of the Erie County Masonic Board of Relief, died unexpectedly Tuesday night at Fenelon Falls, Ont.
Mr. Leggett had been on vacation at the Canadian resort, 100 miles northeast of Toronto, since last Saturday.
He had been an industrial supply salesman for the H. D. Taylor Co. for the last 38 years. He was born in Buffalo and attended Lafayette High School.
An active Mason for many years, Mr. Leggett was past master of DeMolay Lodge 498, F&AM; honorary life member of Corinthian Lodge 481, AFDAM of Toronto, member of Germania Chapter 256, Royal Arch Masons, life member of the Masonic Past Masters Assn. of Erie County, and had been Board of Relief treasurer for the last 11 years.
He was a member of Kenmore United presbyterian Church and the Board of Sessions of the church.
Survivors are his wife, the former Margaret Boehner of Buffalo whom he married in 1825, and a daughter, Mrs. Donald K. Hall of Buffalo.
The Rev. Peter Pascoe, of Kenmore United Presbyterian Church, will conduct services at 2 Saturday afternoon at the Steck, Lockwood and Clark Funeral Home, 2775 Main St.
Burial will be in Acacia Park Cemetery.
- The SSDI lists Buffalo, Erie County, New York, as the last residence of record of Margaret Louise Boehner.
- Margaret Louise Boehner died on 9 February 1984 at age 85 in New York.
- She was interred at Acacia Park Cemetery, North Tonawanda, Niagara County, New York.
- Last Edited: 30 Oct 2013
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs