Robert Carl Jacoby
b. 11 April 1926, d. 21 October 1977
- Father: Otto Julius Jacoby b. 2 August 1884, d. 28 October 1930
- Mother: Marie Katherine Kammerer b. 18 May 1892, d. 14 September 1977
- Robert Carl Jacoby was born on 11 April 1926 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- He was baptized/christened on 19 December 1926 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, sponsored by Ada Anna Kammerer.
- Otto Julius Jacoby and Marie Katherine Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 952 Vanderbilt. Other members of the household included Robert Carl Jacoby, John Otto Jacoby, Frederick Harvey Jacoby and Elizabeth Marie Jacoby.
- Marie Kammerer Jacoby and her five children appear in a snaphot on Vanderbilt Avenue.
- Marie Katherine Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Niagara Falls, New York, at 952 Vanderbilt. Other members of the household included Robert Carl Jacoby, John Otto Jacoby, Frederick Harvey Jacoby and Elizabeth Marie Jacoby. Also in the household was one female lodger.
- The following appeared on 28 May 1951 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Robert Jacoby, the son of Mrs. Otto J. Jacoby, 952 Vancerbilt avenue, will be ordained at the Calvary Evangelical Lutheran church on June 17 by the Rev. Ralph A. Hax. Mr. Jacoby will graduate from the Capital university theological seminary, Columbus O., on June 3.
A 1947 arts graduate of Capital university, Mr. Jacoby has accepted a call to the St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran church, Ravenna, O. He served his year of internship at this church in 1949-1950.
- The following appeared on 14 September 1977 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Funeral services will be held today for Mrs. Marie K. Jacoby, 85, formerly of 712 Division Ave. She died this morning (Sept. 14, 1977) in Memorial Nursing Home.
A native of this city, she was the daughter of the late Adam and Lizzie Weiler Kammerer. She was a member of St. Paul Calvary Lutheran Church, and the ladies groups of the church. She was predeceased by her husband Otto J. Jacoby.
She is survived by a daughter, Mrs. Frederic (Elizabeth) Dunning; three sons, John O. Jacoby, both of this city, Richard K. Jacoby of Lompoc, Calif., and Robert C. Jacoby of Tampa, Fla; a brother, Carl Kammerer of New York City, and nine grandchildren, and several neices and nephews. She was the mother of the late Frederick H. Jacoby.
Funeral services will be held at the Cornell and Daggett Chapel at 9 p.m. today with the Rev. Robert C. Richardson officiating.
Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
Friends may call today from 7 to 9 p.m.
Memorials to St. Paul-Calvary Lutheran Church Memorial Fund or the Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center Building Fund, will be accepted as tributes, the family said.
- Robert Carl Jacoby died on 21 October 1977 at age 51 in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida.
- He was interred at Myrtle Hill Memorial Park, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida.
- The following appeared in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Robert C. Jacoby, a former Niagara Falls resident, died in Tampa, Fla., Oct. 21.
A native of this city, he attended local schools and graduated from Capitol University, Columbus, Ohio.
He lived in Tampa for the past 25 years and was assistant secretary of Guaranty Title Co. at the time of his death.
He was the son of the late Otto J. and Marie K. Jacoby.
He is survived by a sister, Mrs. Frederic (Elizabeth) Dunning of this city; two brothers, John O. Jacoby of this city and Richard K. Jacoby of Lompoc, Calif., and a number of nieces, nephews, and cousins. He was the brother of the late Lt. Frederick H. Jacoby, USAF.
Services and burial were held in Tampa.
- Last Edited: 1 Dec 2014