Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman
b. 10 January 1904, d. 2 November 1998
- Father: Albert John Hoffman b. 14 December 1866, d. 3 December 1946
- Mother: Helen Kammerer b. 18 November 1866, d. 18 March 1955
- Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman was born on 10 January 1904 in New York.
- Albert John Hoffman and Helen Kammerer appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1817 Ontario Avenue. Other members of the household included Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman, Norma Alberta Hoffman, Dorothy Helen Hoffman and Henry Valentine Hoffman.
- She was baptized/christened on 18 October 1908 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, Sponsor was Mrs. Helen Hoffman.
- Albert John Hoffman and Helen Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, and one boarder.. Other members of the household included Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman, Norma Alberta Hoffman, Dorothy Helen Hoffman and John Kammerer Hoffman.
- Albert John Hoffman and Helen Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York, at Sugar Street. Other members of the household included Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman, Dorothy Helen Hoffman and John Kammerer Hoffman.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- The following appeared on 4 December 1946 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Albert John Hoffman, 80, of 2902 Lockport road, a retired building contractor, a member of a pioneer Niagarra county family and for many years of the Hoffman house, Lockport road and Hyde Park boulevard, died yesterday at his home after a long illness.
Born in Porter Center, Mr. Hoffman came to Niagara Falls 65 years ago and spent the remainder of his life here. He retired several years ago.
Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Helen Kammerer Hoffman; four children, John K. Hoffman and Mrs. Norma Bouvy, both of this city; Mrs. Dorothy Stroger, Kenmore, and Mrs. Catherine Turner, of Portland, Ore; two brothers, Milton F. Hoffman, of this city, and Henry J. Hoffman, Plainfield, N. J., and one sister Mrs. Lillian Reiger, this city. Ten grandchildren also survive.
Funeral services will be held Friday at 8:30 a. m. at the home and at 9 o'clock at Sacred Heart church with interment in Gate of Heaven cemetery.
- She married Theodore James Gleie on 10 March 1954 in Multnoman County, Oregon.
- The following appeared on 19 March 1955 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Funeral services for Mrs. Helen Hoffman, 88, of 2902 Lockport Rd., will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church with the Rev. Arthur H. Schmoyer, D.D., officiating. Burial will be in Riverdale Cemetery.
Mrs. Hoffman died yesterday at Memorial Hospital after a short illness.
Born here, she had been active in community affairs and was a lifelong member of the Zion church. She resided at the above address for 43 years. Mrs. Hoffman was county tax collector for the Town of Niagara for a number of years, school tax collection and during the 1930s was chairman of the American Red Cross.
Her husband A. J. Hoffman, predeceased her.
Surviving are three daughters, Mrs. Norma Bouvy, Long Beach, Calif., Mrs. Dorothy Strouger, Kenmore, and Mrs. Catherine Gleie, Portland, Ore; a son, John K. Hoffman, Lewsiton; 10 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at the Redanz Funeral Home until 11 a.m. Monday.
- Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman became a widow at the 14 December 1961 death of her husband Theodore James Gleie.
- The SSDI lists Boring, Clackamas County, Oregon, as the last residence of record of Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman.
- Catherine Elizabeth Hoffman died on 2 November 1998 at age 94 in Clakamas County, Oregon.
- Last Edited: 24 Nov 2014
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs