Betty Jane Wilcox
b. 23 January 1921, d. 4 October 2010
- Father: Albert Heinaman Wilcox b. 9 January 1897, d. 24 September 1981
- Mother: Alice Marie Young b. 3 November 1896, d. 11 December 1937
- Betty Jane Wilcox was born on 23 January 1921 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- She was baptized/christened on 1 May 1921 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- Albert Heinaman Wilcox and Alice Marie Young appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Lower Merion, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, at 57 Chatham Road. Other members of the household included Betty Jane Wilcox, Edward Oliver Wilcox and Albert Jay Wilcox.
- She married Alfred Reinhold Brandt, son of Alfred E. Brandt and Olga Lear, on 6 July 1943.
- Betty Jane Wilcox became a widow at the 26 March 2009 death of her husband Alfred Reinhold Brandt.
- Betty Jane Wilcox died on 4 October 2010 at age 89.
- She was interred at Florida National Cemetery, Bushnell, Sumter County, Florida.
- The following appeared on 17 October 2010 in the Ocala Star-Banner: (Mount Dora) Betty Jane Wilcox Brandt, 89, died October 4, 2010. A resident of Waterman Village, Mount Dora and formerly of On Top of the World, Ocala, FL, she was born January 23, 1921 in Niagara Falls, NY to Albert H. and Alice Young Wilcox. After graduating from Battin High School in Elizabeth, NJ and attending Union Junior College and Packard Business School, Betty was a secretary for the Singer Sewing Machine Company in New York City for five years. While attending St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Elizabeth, NJ she met Alfred Brandt. After several years of friendship and a brief courtship they married in 1943. After World War II they began a family and established themselves in their community and church, wherever they lived. Betty volunteered for PTA, Girl Scouts, various church committees and choirs, Monroe Regional Medical Center, and TimberRidge Nursing Facility - strongly believing that giving back is the right thing to do. Betty and Al spent their lives raising their family, working hard, singing, dancing, bridge playing, golfing, and traveling the world (including 33 Elderhostels). Betty is survived by her beloved children, son Richard A. (Mary) of Fanwood, NJ, son Donald E. (Barbara) of Bridgeville, PA, daughter Jane A. Bowers (Douglas) of Murrells Inlet, SC, six grandchildren, six great grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her beloved husband of 66 years, Alfred R. and brothers, Edward O, and Albert J. Wilcox.
A memorial service will be held at the Garden of Life Fellowship Hall, Waterman Village, Mount Dora, FL at 2:30 p.m., Saturday, October 23, 2010. Her urn will be laid to rest at Florida National Cemetery, Bushnell, FL at 10:00 a.m., Monday, October 25, 2010- In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Cornerstone Hospice Foundation, 2445 Lane Park Road, Tavares, FL 32778; www.cshospice.org. Arrangements by Roberts Funeral Homes, Downtown Chapel, Ocala, FL.
- She was interred at Bushnell, Florida.
- Last Edited: 9 Aug 2013
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs