Alice Marie Young
b. 3 November 1896, d. 11 December 1937
- Father: Oliver Mark Young b. 2 January 1859, d. 1 February 1933
- Mother: Susanna Kammerer b. 30 November 1855, d. 15 July 1911
- Alice Marie Young was born on 3 November 1896 in New York.
- Oliver Mark Young and Susanna Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1339 Willow Avenue. Other members of the household included Alice Marie Young, Estella Elizabeth Young, James Kammerer Young, John Oliver Young and William Mark Young.
- Oliver Mark Young and Susanna Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1347 Whitney Avenue. Other members of the household included Alice Marie Young, James Kammerer Young, John Oliver Young and William Mark Young.
- The following appeared on 17 July 1911 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] Susan Young, nee Kammerer, wife of Oliver Young of this city. She leaves husband, mother, father, two daughters, Mrs. George Benning and Miss Alice, two sons, William of this city, John of Kansas City, Mo., also six sisters, Mrs. Louis Eimer, Mrs. Chas. Ford, Mrs. Albert Hoffman, Mrs. Fred Borth and Mrs. George Barnett, both of Buffalo, and Mrs. C. Frank of Devil's Lake, Dakota, one brother, Jacob Kammerer of Toronto. Funeral from family residence, 1347 Whitney avenue, Tuesday, July 18th, at 2 p. m., and from the Zion Lutheran Church at 2:30.
- The following appeared on 30 June 1916 in The Buffalo Morning Express: The marriage of Miss Gertrude Barnett, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George W. Barnett, and Joseph F. Lepine was solemnized at 7 o'clock last evening in the Presbyterian church of the Covenant, the Rev. John D. Campbell officiating. The church was decorated with palms, evergreens, pink peonies and marguerites. Ropes of Smilax were caught from the chandeliers. The pews for the house guests were marked with pink peonies and marguerites. Carl Kammerer of Niagara Falls, cousin of the bride, played a programme of organ music as the guests were assembling, ending in the Lohengrin bridal chorus as the bridal party entered, led by the ushers, Myron B. Bloy of Detroit, Mich., and William Lewis. The ushers were followed by the maid of honor, Miss Myrtle Hutchinson, and the two bridesmaids, Miss Helen Kammerer of Niagara Falls and Miss Ruth Barnett, sister of the bride. The bride entered with her father and was met at the altar by the bridegroom and his best man, George J. Barnett. She wore a gown of pussywillow taffeta with lace and pearl trimmings. Her veil was fastened with orange blossoms and she carried a shower bouquet of bride roses and lilies of the valley. The maid of honor, wore green-flowered voile trimmed with green satin bands and carried an arm bouquet of Ophelia roses. Miss Kammerer wore pink-flowered voile trimmed with pink satin bands and carried an arm bouquet of pink Killarney roses. A reception to 100 guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Barnett in Waverly street followed the ceremony. Palms, pink and white peonies and roses adorned the rooms. The bride's table was laid for fourteen and was centered with pink roses. The other guests were seated at small tables which were centered with pink candelabra. The guests included Mr. and Mrs. John Guenther of Welland, Ont., Mr. and Mrs. Frank L. Barnett, Miss Nettie Platt of Alden, J. A. Kammerer of Toronto, Ont., Mrs. and Mrs. M. H. Mayle, Miss Helen Mayle, Mr. and Mrs. Louis K. Eimer, Paul Eimer, Mr. and Mrs. Francis Ford, Mrs. Adam Kammerer, Miss Marie Kammerer, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Ford, Miss Louise Ford, Charles Ford, Jr., Miss Norma Hoffman, Miss Alice Young, Mr. and Mrs. George Benning, Miss Elsa Vorwerck of Niagara Falls, Mr. and Mrs. George F. Loehr of Lancaster, Miss Gladys Williams of Toronto., Ont., Mr. and Mrs. M. Bloy of Detroit, Mich., Miss Winifred Hewetson and Miss Vera Hewetson of Brampton, Ont., Miss Alma Hart of Scranton, Pa. Mr. and Mrs. Lepine will spend their honeymoon in the Catskill mountains and will be at home after August 1st in Buffalo.
- She married Albert Heinaman Wilcox, son of George E. Wilcox and Emma J. (?), on 31 January 1918.
- Albert Heinaman Wilcox appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 750 Pierce Avenue. Other members of the household included Alice Marie Young, Edward Oliver Wilcox.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- Albert Heinaman Wilcox and Alice Marie Young appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Lower Merion, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, at 57 Chatham Road. Other members of the household included Edward Oliver Wilcox, Betty Jane Wilcox and Albert Jay Wilcox.
- Alice Marie Young died on 11 December 1937 at age 41.
- Albert Heinaman Wilcox became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Grove Cemetery, Bath, Steuben County, New York.
- Last Edited: 9 Aug 2013