Beatrice Louise Wilson
b. 18 August 1917, d. 1 January 1983
- Father: Willard Murray Wilson b. 16 August 1892, d. 15 March 1966
- Mother: Alice Mae Kern b. 25 May 1892, d. 28 December 1975
- Beatrice Louise Wilson was born on 18 August 1917 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- Alice Mae Kern and Willard Murray Wilson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York, at 112 Gifford Street. Other members of the household included Beatrice Louise Wilson.
- Willard Murray Wilson and Alice Mae Kern appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York, at 402 Arthur Street. Other members of the household included Beatrice Louise Wilson.
- She married Christian Charles Hoffman, son of Christian Hoffman and Anna Maria Christina Borth, on 24 August 1940 in Buffalo, New York.
- The following appeared in the Syracuse Herald-American: In the First Presbyterian Church yesterday afternoon, at 3 o'clock, Miss Beatrice Louise Wilson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Willard Wilson of Taunton, was united in marriage to Christian Charles Hoffman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Christian Hoffman of Buffalo. The Rev. David Gaise, pastor of Bethany Lutheran Church of Central Bridge, cousin of the bride, officiated. . . . Mrs. Ada Shinaman Crouse, organist of the First Presbyterian Church, gave this program: . . .
The bride was given in marriage by her father. Her gown of Alencon lace over a fitted satin bodice . . . .
Miss Carol Hoffman of Buffalo, sister of the bridegroom, was maid of honor and Miss Evelyn Roberts and Miss Marrion Beasley, both of Syracuse, were bridesmaids. . . . George Hoffman of Buffalo, brother of the bridegroom, was best man. The ushers were Ray Fuller and Gordon Huggins, both of Syracuse.
. . . A reception followed at Drumline for relatives and members of the bridal party. The bridal couple left for a cruise up the St. Lawrence and before return will stop at Buffalo where a reception in their honor will be given.
. . . The bride was a former student at Syracuse City Norman School and was recently on the office staff of the Grayher Electric Company of Syracuse. The bridegroom is on the faculty at North High School in Binghamton. The couple will live in Binghamton. Among hostesses who entertained were [sisters of the groom] Mrs. A. J. Schillke and the Misses Ruth and Carol Hoffman.
- During May 1956, Christ and Mate Hoffman celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, and family members posed for a group photograph.
- Beatrice Louise Wilson became a widow at the 8 September 1976 death of her husband Christian Charles Hoffman.
- Beatrice Louise Wilson died on 1 January 1983 at age 65 in Buffalo, New York.
- She was interred at Acacia Park Cemetery, North Tonawanda, Niagara County, New York.
- Last Edited: 19 Oct 2013