b. 31 December 1895, d. 29 June 1983
- Father: Bruce Wallace Townson Townson b. July 1855, d. between 1900 and 1910
- Mother: Helen Rebecca Golding b. July 1857
- Mildred Townson was born on 31 December 1895 in New York.
- Bruce Wallace Townson Townson and Helen Rebecca Golding appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 282 Purdy Street. Other members of the household included Mildred Townson. Also in the household are children Florence, Mabel, Wallace and Winifred, not yet recorded.
- Helen Rebecca Golding appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, New York, at 282 Purdy Street. Other members of the household included Mildred Townson. Also in the household were children Wallace (age 18) and Winifred (16), as well as daughter Florence (28) and her husband Edward W. Stephan (34) and their daughter Evelyn (2).
- The following appeared on 25 June 1916 in The Illustrated Buffalo Express: The following marrage licenses were issued at the city hall yesterday: . . . Robert Barth, No. 213 Grape street - Mildred Townson, No 282 Purdy street.
- She married Robert Edmund Borth, son of Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer, on 24 June 1916.
- The following appeared on 26 June 1916 in the Buffalo Eveninng News: Mrs. Helen R. Townson announces the marriage of her daughter, Mildred, to Mr. Robert E. Borth, Saturday, June 24.
- Robert Edmund Borth registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Erie County, New York, while living at 213 Grape Street in Buffalo, employed there repairing automobiles at the Ford plant on Main Street, and with his father, mother and wife solely dependent upon him.
- Robert Edmund Borth and Mildred Townson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included Robert Edmund Borth Jr., Bruce Wallace Borth and Margaretha Kammerer.
- Mildred Townson became a widow at the 1 October 1924 death of her husband Robert Edmund Borth.
- Mildred Townson appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1925 in Buffalo, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included Robert Edmund Borth Jr. and Bruce Wallace Borth.
- Mildred Townson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 332 Purdy Avenue. Other members of the household included Robert Edmund Borth Jr.
- She was employed as a cook in a private home, according to the 1940 census.
- On two occasions during the 1940s, women of the Borth and Hoffman families were photographed at the same location. This one was earlier.
- The following appeared on 17 July 1944 in The Evening News: Second Lieutenant Bruce W. Borth, 186 Koenig road, Tonawanda, N. Y., has returned home on a 30-day furlough after serving with a veteran Ninth Air Force Troop Carrier Command unit. Lieutenant Borth's unit took part in the greatest airborne operations against the Normandy defenses of Hitler.
A pilot on a paratroop-hauling C-47 plane, he had seen service in Africa, Sicily, England and France. He was stationed at Wheeler Field in Hawaii from September of '37 till July of '41. He decided to go into the "flying" end of the business and finally won his wings in July of '42 at Luke Field, Arizona.
Following his furlough, Lieutenant Borth will return for another tour of duty. The IX Troop Carrier Command to which his outfit is assigned, is headed by Brigadier General Paul L. Williams.
He is the son of Mrs. Mildred Borth, 186 Koenig road, Tonawanda, N. Y.
- The SSDI lists Tonawanda, Erie County, New York, as the last residence of record of Mildred Townson.
- Mildred Townson died on 29 June 1983 at age 87.
- Last Edited: 7 Mar 2017