William George Borth
b. 11 February 1882, d. 1 May 1934
- Father: Frederick Christian Borth b. 2 March 1839, d. 13 March 1919
- Mother: Margaretha Kammerer b. 21 February 1848, d. 23 May 1936
- William George Borth was born on 11 February 1882 in New York.
- He was known as George W. Borth.
- Mate and George Borth appear in a tintype photograph, about 1888.
- A photographic portrait was made of Frederick and Maggie Borth and family, about 1895.
- Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included William George Borth, Adelaide E. Borth, Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth, Anna Maria Christina Borth, Anna Margaret Helena Borth and Robert Edmund Borth.
- He was an electrician, according to the 1900 census.
- He married Eleanor Doehnert, daughter of Andrew Doehnert and Pauline Ludwig, on 25 June 1907.
- William George Borth appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 385 High Street. Other members of the household included Eleanor Doehnert and George A. Borth.
- He was an electrical contractor, according to the 1910 census.
- He was an electrician, according to the 1930 census. in January 1920.
- William George Borth appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York. Other members of the household included Eleanor Doehnert and George A. Borth.
- William George Borth died on 1 May 1934 at age 52 in Buffalo, New York.
- Eleanor Doehnert became a widow at his death.
- The following appeared on 2 May 1934 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In Buffalo, N. Y., May 1, 1934, George W. Borth, beloved husband of Eleanor nee Doehnert, father of George A. and Mrs. George Keene. Funeral from the family residence, Locksley Park, Lake Shore Road, Thursday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Friends invited to attend.
- The following appeared on 10 February 1964 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Eleanor (Laura) Doehnert Borth, Feb. 8, 1964, wife of the late George W. Borth; mother of Mrs. George (Carmen) Keene and the late George A. Borth; also survived by three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren; sister of Albert, Otto and Paul Doehnert and the late Oscar Doehnert. Funeral service from the Carlton A. Ullrich Funeral Home Inc., 3272 Bailey Ave., Tuesday afternoon at 3 o'clock. Friends are invited. The family will be present 2-4 and 7-10 p.m.
- Last Edited: 2 Nov 2013