Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth
b. 23 October 1876, d. 28 August 1924
- Father: Frederick Christian Borth b. 2 March 1839, d. 13 March 1919
- Mother: Margaretha Kammerer b. 21 February 1848, d. 23 May 1936
- Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth was born on 23 October 1876 in New York.
- She was known as Tina.
- Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth, Elizabeth Rosli Borth, John Christian Frederick Borth, Adelaide E. Borth and Martha Maria Louise Borth.
- A photographic portrait was made of Frederick and Maggie Borth and family, about 1895.
- Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth, Adelaide E. Borth, William George Borth, Anna Maria Christina Borth, Anna Margaret Helena Borth and Robert Edmund Borth.
- She was a drygoods salesman, according to the 1900 census.
- She married Frederick Lennox Chalcraft, son of Frederick Lennox Chalcraft and Eliza Jane Olds, on 3 July 1900.
- The following appeared on 15 July 1900 in the Buffalo Courier: Mr. and Mrs. Fred Borth of Grape Street announce the marriage of their daughter, Christina E., to Mr. Fred L. Chalcraft, Jr., at the home of the bride, Tuesday, July 3d, at 8 p. m., the Rev. E. F. Backman officiating. The bride was attended by Miss M. Delwanit, maid of honor, and the Misses E. Barnett and M. Botha were the bridesmaids. Mr. Joseph B. Decker was best man and Mr. [J.] Kammerer and Mr. G. Borth acted as groomsmen. The house was prettily decorated with palms and ferns. The bride wore a handsome gown of Swill mull and carried bride's roses, the maids pretty gowns of pink and carried pink carnations. The guests from out-of-town were: Mr. and Mrs. [J.] Kammerer of Toronto, Mr. and Mrs. A. Kammerer, Mr. and Mrs. L. Enner, Mr. and Mrs. C. Ford, Mr. and Mrs. W. Shultz, Miss Kammerer, Mr. and Mrs. Vorwerck, Miss L. Eimer, Miss E. Young and Mr. and Mrs. H. Ratzel, all of Niagara Falls; Miss F. Kneller of Fork Station.
- The following appeared on 1 May 1911 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Fred Borth, Mr. and Mrs. Schalcraft [sic], Mr. and Mrs. Louis Boehner, Mr. and Mrs. C. Hoffman, Mr. and Mrs. George Barnett and Mr. Charles Werler [sic] of Buffalo attended the funeral of Adam Kammerer yesterday afternoon. . . . J. A. Kammerer of Toronto, Ont., was in town yesterday attending the funeral of his brother, Adam Kammerer.
- A photographic portrait was made of the Chalcraft family about 1912.
- Frederick Lennox Chalcraft registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 while living with his wife Christine at 211 Bissell Avenue in Buffalo, and employed there as manager and buyer for H. A Meldrum Company.
- Frederick Lennox Chalcraft and Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 348 Goodyear Avenue. Other members of the household included Frederick L. Chalcraft, Robert Albert Chalcraft and Edward L. Chalcraft.
- Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth died on 28 August 1924 at age 47.
- Frederick Lennox Chalcraft became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Ridge Lawn Cemetery, Cheektowaga, Erie County, New York.
- Last Edited: 28 Oct 2013