Adelaide E. Borth
b. 23 April 1874, d. 14 November 1959
- Father: Frederick Christian Borth b. 2 March 1839, d. 13 March 1919
- Mother: Margaretha Kammerer b. 21 February 1848, d. 23 May 1936
- Adelaide E. Borth was born on 23 April 1874 in New York.
- She was known as Addie.
- Her name was recorded as Susan Margaret Elizabeth in some Borth family history records.
- Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included Adelaide E. Borth, Elizabeth Rosli Borth, John Christian Frederick Borth, Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth and Martha Maria Louise Borth.
- She was a sponsor at the baptism/christening of Adeline Helene Ford on 7 September 1891 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- A photographic portrait was made of Frederick and Maggie Borth and family, about 1895.
- Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, New York, at 213 Grape Street. Other members of the household included Adelaide E. Borth, Marie Christina Elizabeth Borth, William George Borth, Anna Maria Christina Borth, Anna Margaret Helena Borth and Robert Edmund Borth.
- She was employed selling drygoods, according to the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 4 August 1903 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Miss Adelaide Borth of Buffalo was the guest of Miss Ada Kammerer of Ontario Avenue over Sunday.
- The following appeared on 30 August 1903 in The Buffalo Courier: Mrs. F. C. Borth and Miss Adelaide Borth will return on Tuesday from a two weeks' visit at New York, Philadelphia and Atlantic City.
- The following appeared on 6 April 1910 in the Buffalo Courier: (Marriage Licenses) Charles D. Gaise, 32, No. 530 Northampton Street; Adelaide E. Borth, 35, No. 213 Grape Street.
- She married Charles David Gaise, son of Henry Gaise and Magdalena Urban, on 6 April 1910.
- Charles David Gaise and Adelaide E. Borth appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 760 Glenwood Avenue living not far from Addie's cousin Mate Hoffman.. Other members of the household included Magdalena Urban.
- Lucy Weiler Kammerer was photographed about 1912 with daughters Helen and Marie, Addie and Charles Gaise, and Elsa Vorwerk.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- The following appeared on 19 June 1944 in the Schenectady Gazette: (Schoharie News) Rev. and Mrs. David C. Gaise and daughters, Carol and Jean, of Albany, Mrs. Rose Boehner of Buffalo and Mrs. Charles D. Gaise of Niagara Falls were Thursday guests of Mrs. Webster G. Gardner and family.
- On two occasions during the 1940s, women of the Borth and Hoffman families were photographed at the same location. This one was earlier.
- Of the two photographs of women of the Borth and Hoffman families taken in the 1940s at the same location, this one was later.
- Sisters Margaret, Mate, Addie and Rose Borth celebrated Mate's birthday on 23 October 1951 at the home of her daughter Esther Schillke.
- Adelaide E. Borth became a widow at the 11 May 1959 death of her husband Charles David Gaise.
- The following appeared on 13 May 1959 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In Niagara Falls, Monday, May 11, 1959, Charles D. Gaise of 2442 Willow Ave., husband of Adelaide Borth; father of Rev. David C. Gaise of Kingston, N.Y; also survived by two granddaughters. Funeral services at the chapel of Cornell & Daggett Inc., 1327 Main St., Niagara Falls, Thursday, May 14, at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. Alvin H. Butz Jr. officiating. Interment Memorial Park Cemetery.
- Adelaide E. Borth died on 14 November 1959 at age 85 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- She was interred at Niagara Falls Memorial Park Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 14 November 1959 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] In Buffalo, N.Y., Nov. 14, 1959, Adelaide B. Gaise. Wife of the late Charles D. Gaise; mother of Rev. David C. Gaise of Kingston, N.Y; sister of Mrs. L. Boehner and Mrs. F. Knaisch, both of Buffalo, N.Y. Also sister of the late Mrs. F. Chalcraft, Mrs. C. Hoffman, Frederick, George and Robert Borth. Grandmother of Jean and Carol Gaise, Kingston, N.Y. Funeral services at the Chapel of Cornell and Daggett Inc., 1517 Main St., Tuesday, Nov. 17, 1959, at 1:30 p.m., the Rev. Alvin H. Butz Jr. officiating. Interment, Memorial Park Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 16 November 1959 in The Kingston Daily Freeman : Mrs. Adelaide Borth Gaise, 85, mother of the Rev. David C. Gaise, DD, pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, died Saturday. Mrs. Gaise, a former resident of Niagara Falls, had made her home at the Lutheran Church Home, Buffalo, since the death of her husband, Charles D. Gaise, in May.
She was a devout and faithful member of the Zion Lutheran Church, Niagara Falls, and an active member of the Women's Missionary Society of the church.
Besides her son, she is survived by two granddaughters, Carol of Staten Island and Jean of Kingston, and two sisters, Mrs. Rose Boehner and Mrs. Fred Knaisch, both of Buffalo. Several nieces and nephew also survive.
Funeral services will be held by the Rev. Alvin H. Butz and the Rev. Dr. Arthur H. Schmoyer, pastors of the Zion Lutheran Church, Tuesday, 1:30 p.m. at the Cornell and Daggett Funeral Home, Niagara Falls. Burial will be in Niagara Falls Memorial Park.
- Last Edited: 26 Jan 2017